The ECoMMFiT group is looking for talented, enthusiastic and motivated applicants wishing to undertake research
work for a PhD in Fluid Mechanics. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates with strong interests
in fundamental or applied fluid mechanics. Opportunities are available in both experimental and theoretical aspects
of fluid mechanics.
The research interests of the group are varied. If you are interested to join us for a PhD, we suggest that you have a look through our research pages as well as taking a look at the work carried out by our present and past researchers.
Further information on how to apply can be found in the Universitat Rovira i Virgili pages for Doctoral Programmes.
To make an informal enquiry contact Lluis Vazquez with a recent cv and general information about the area you would like to study.
PhD in Progress
- Joshua David Selvaraj, Numerical and experimental analysis of turbulent reacting flows (2019)
- Mojtaba Goraki Fard, CFD modeling of multiphase turbulent flow for wastewater treatment in bioreactors (2019)
- Jonathan Florez Giraldo, Modelization of blood flow in arteries (2017)
- Valentin Sanchez Morales, Experimental study of the flow in the wake of a vertical axis wind turbine (2017)
- Silvana Tourn, Experimental study of the performance of a vertical axis wind turbine (2017)
Completed PhD Research
- Jorge Maestre Heredia, Towards the Application of the Isogeometric Boundary Element Analysis to Fluid Mechanics: Non-linear Gravity Waves and Dynamics of Deformable Capsules in Shear Flows (2017)
- Albert Puig Aranega, Review of Boundary Conditions and Investigation Towards the Development of a Growth Model: a Lattice Boltzmann Method Approach (2016)
- Javier Burgos Vergara, Numerical study of flow and mass transfer in micro reactors with the Lattice Boltzman method (2016)
- Gorg Abdelmassih, Numerical and experimental study of steady and unsteady mixed convection flow in a cubical open cavity with the bottom wall heated (2016)
- Irene Sancho Conde, Numerical and experimental studies of reacting flows (2015) pdf
- Yolanda Cuenca Martínez, Experimental study of thermal conductivity of new mixtures for absorption cycles and the effect of the nanoparticles addition (2013) pdf
- Sylvana Varela Ballesta, Flow structures in PCB enclosed model: Time and spatial evolution (2012) pdf
- Nihal Ertürk, Experimental study of the flow in an external gear pump by time resolved particle image velocimetry (2012) pdf
- Guillaume Novelli, Numerical simulation of oil spills in coastal areas using shallow water equations in generalised coordinates (2011) pdf
- Manuel Martínez del Álamo, Numerical study of isothermal two-phase flow dispersion in the packed bed of a hydrodesulphuration reactor (2011) pdf
- Roland Blanch Ojea, Numerical simulation of reacting flows in microchannels (2011) pdf
- Gabriel Usera Velasco, Improvements in full field techniques for the measurement, simulation and analysis of confined flows in complex geometry (2009) pdf
- Obai Younis, Numerical and experimental study of transient laminar natural convection of high Prandtl number fluids in a cubical cavity (2009) pdf
- Salvatore Cito, Numerical and experimental study of flow and wall mass transfer rates in capillary driven flows in microfluidic channels (2009) pdf
- Alex Fabregat, Direct Numerical Simulation of Turbulent Dispersion of Buoyant Plumes in a Pressure-Driven Channel Flow (2006) pdf
- Leonardo Valencia, Estudio numérico y experimental de flujo Rayleigh-Bénard en cavidades cúbicas para régimen transitorio y turbulento (2005) pdf
- Ángel Jiménez Aranda, Interaction between flow structures and mass transport. Application to a turbulent plane jet (2003) pdf
- Ulian Dimitrov Spassov, Estudio de la inestabilidad de flujos incompresibles, análisis lineal de estabilidad y simulación numérica directa (2001)
- Ingrid Martorell Boada, Estudi experimental de la transferència de calor en fluxos de convecció natural. Aplicació de la termografia de cristalls líquids (2001)