The ECoMMFiT Seminar series meets twice a month to discuss about the broad spectrum of research in fluids
carried out inside and outside the group. It is a great opportunity for our community (students, postdocs
and faculty members) and for visitors to gather and share research thoughts in an informal context.
Unless indicated otherwise the seminars take place on Fridays from 10:00 am to 11:00 am in Lab. Room 111
of Department of Mechanical Engineering.
If you are willing to participate, we would be glad to have you giving a seminar and meeting our community. Please feel free to contact us by email.
NOTE: Seminar announcement is done via email. If you would like to be added to our distribution list then please send a request to Lluís Vàzquez.
- February 16th, 2018, Numerical Simulations of Oil Droplet Breakup in Homogeneous Isotropic Turbulence, Àlex Fabregat, URV.
- February 2nd, 2018, Particle dispersion in a double-diffusive turbulent layer, Jordi Pallarès, URV.
- December 15th, 2017, Dynamics and efficiency of two flapping foils in a quiescent fluid, Francesc Huera, URV.
- December 1st, 2017, A coupled Discrete Element and Finite Volume Methods for the simulation of elastic bodies, Paolo Sassi, URV.
- November 10th, 2017, CFD case studies and code development, Ferran Gisbert, ITP.
- November 3rd, 2017, Simulation of wind farms operation using CFD and Actuator Line Model, Andrés Guggeri, Universidad de la República, Uruguay.
- October 20th, 2017, Numerical Simulations of Droplet Breakup in Homogeneous Isotropic Turbulence, Àlex Fabregat, URV.
- June 30th, 2017, A dinamica de N-corpos sobre superfícies, as leis de Maxwell & os axiomas da Mecanica, Stefanella Boatto, Instituto de Matemática, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro.
- June 16th, 2017, Numerical modeling of ferrous iron oxidation in a split-rectangular airlift reactor, Youssef Stiriba, ECoMMFiT - URV.
- June 2nd, 2017, Energy-conserving algorithm for molecular dynamics simulations, Clara Salueña, ECoMMFiT - URV.
- May 19th, 2017, The Bénard-Marangoni instability, phase transition in capillary driven thermal convection, Clément Haeck, LIFE - URV.
- May 5th, 2017, On the impact of reboosting manouvers in DCMIX1 experiments: Pure molecular diffusion of ternary liquid systems, Rafael Jurado Cruz, Área Física Aplicada del Departamento de Química Física e Inorgánica - URV.
- March 31st, 2017, CFD Simulation of the Effect of Coalescence Behavior of Liquid on Bubble Column Hydrodynamics, Mojtaba Goraki Fard, ECoMMFiT - URV.
- March 17th, 2017, Sensitivity of Vortex-Induced Vibrations to localized perturbations in the wake, Dr. Francisco Huera, LIFE - URV.
- March 3rd, 2017, Particle dispersion on a circular shear layer, Dr. Jordi Pallarès, ECoMMFiT - URV.
- February 3rd, 2017, On the route to turbulence, Dr. Sebastian Altmeyer, IST, Institute of Science and Technology, Austria.
- November 11th, 2016, Simulación Numérica Multidinámica, Dr. Gabriel Usera, IMFIA/Facultad de Ingeniería, Universidad de la República, Uruguay.
- October 28th, 2016, Hydrodynamic Modeling of Granular Materials, Ms. Lídia Almazán, Friedrich-Alexander Universität, Erlangen-Nürnberg.
- October 14th, 2016, Clustering of long flexible fibers in two-dimensional flow fields for different Stokes numbers, Dr. Manuel Martínez, ECoMMFiT - URV.
- September 30th, 2016, Drag reduction and wake control using optimised base cavities, Dr. Jose Ignacio Jiménez. Universidad de Jaén.
- September 16th, 2016, Review of Boundary Conditions and Investigation Towards the Development of a Growth Model: a Lattice Boltzmann Method Approach, Mr. Albert Puig, ECoMMFiT - URV.